- Workshops 2018 & application s2019
- Productions & Tours
2019 OPERA & NEW TECHNOLOGIES
Under the supervision of the composer Michel van der Aa, for the occasion of the new version of his show, Blank Out, at Festival d’Aix 2019, the Opera & New technologies workshop takes the format of reflection and discussion on the use of new technologies in the creation of opera.
This workshop proposes to define the potential of new technologies in the field of musical and theatrical creation: from the tool used to roll out an idea, to the essential and constitutive element of the narrative. The workshop will be broken up with meetings, visits and shows.
This workshop is for opera creators and artists from the multimedia arts.
This workshop is part of the Young Opera Makers programme of enoa (European Network of Operas Academies) and benefit of the support of the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
Shortlisting* via application:
• CV (in English) and photo
• Covering letter in English answering the following questions:
- How do you use multimedia in creating?
- What prospects do you see for multimedia in the creation of live performance and what is the interest of multimedia in live performance?
- What do you expect from a multimedia workshop during the Festival d’Aix?
• Any items already produced that could help assess your work (score, booklet, mock-up , video, etc.) via SoundCloud, YouTube, Dropbox (please check the links remain valid until 2019, January 31st).
APPLICATIONS FEES: €30
All incomplete applications will be rejected.
Application fees cannot be reimbursed.
FINANCIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Accommodation and travel* fees are covered by the Festival d'Aix. Artists pay for their meals.
* Reimbursements of travel fees are made on proof of purchase of a 2nd class return plane or train ticket between the artist’s town/city of residence and Aix/Marseille. Reimbursements are capped by geographical area: €80 (PACA Region), €210 (whole of France), €350 (Europe / Mediterranean), €500 (outside Europe and the Mediterranean)
Thank you for sending your confirmation of reservation (including your hours and places of arrival and departure) at the latest 3 weeks before your arrival.
⇒ Do not hesitate to read our Frequently Asked Questions.