It is not compulsory to be a student to apply to this session.
Age of the applicants — 18 to 30 years old
Musicians from the following countries can apply — Albania, Algeria, Bosnia, Cyprus, Croatia, Egypt, Spain, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Malta, Morocco, Monaco, Montenegro, Palestine, Portugal, Slovenia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey.
• Musical improvisers (traditional and Mediterranean music, jazz, etc.)
• High instrumental level, at ease with musical collective practices
• Open to all instruments and voices
Minimum level required
• High instrumental level or high vocal level – Intense practice of musical improvisation, even of musical composition. Career-oriented higher studies in music.
• There is no requirement to have been or to be a student in a higher education institution.
• A first orchestra within an intercultural ensemble will be appreciated.
• During the sessions, the training will happen in English.
How to apply? The applicants who want to apply for auditions in France, in Italy, in Monaco or in Portugal must imperatively apply online.
For other countries, applicants must apply through the participating higher conservatory of music, music academy or university which is our partner for the auditions organization (see the paragraphe Partners of the auditions), please contact directly our partners.
Rules — In some specific cases, the Mediterranean Youth Orchestra will be very pleased to consider a video-application if there is no audition in some applicants’ Mediterranean countries (for example: musicians from Syria, from Lybia, etc) and, if the musician has not any possibility of travel and meet the jury in one auditions’ venue. If you are resident of one country which hosts an audition, please note that the Mediterranean Youth Orchestra will always favor the musicians (of an equivalent level) who made the effort to travel to pass the audition.
How to process? To proceed to the video application, please follow these compulsory steps:
• Complete our registration form online
• Add your 2 video-links:
- Video recording of a standard tune (see the paragraphe Audition test)
- Video recording of a personal composition or an arrangement (see the paragraphe Audition test)
One of video recording should be performed with the candidate as a solo player.