The musicians applying for the symphonic session should preferably be students in a higher music institute of a Mediterranean country in 2019-2020.
• Age of the applicants — 18 to 26 years old (in July 2020)
• Musicians from the following countries can apply — Albania, Algeria, Bosnia, Cyprus, Croatia, Egypt, Spain, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Malta, Morocco, Monaco, Montenegro, Palestine, Portugal, Slovenia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey.
• Instruments for the 2020 training session — Violins, violas, cellos, double basses, flutes (piccolo, alto flute), oboes (English horn), clarinets (E-flat clarinet and bass clarinet), bassoons (contrabassoons), French horns, trumpets, trombones (bass trombone), tubas, percussions, harps.
• Musical level required — High instrumental level.
Career-oriented higher studies in music.
A first orchestra experience is required.
During the summer session, the training will happen in English.
How to apply? The applicants who want to apply for auditions in France, in Italy, in Monaco or in Portugal must imperatively apply online.
For other countries, applicants must apply through the participating higher conservatory of music, music academy or university which is our partner for the auditions organization (see the paragraphe Partners of the auditions), please contact directly our partners.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE — cf. Audition's schedule.
Rules — In some specific cases, the Mediterranean Youth Orchestra will be very pleased to consider a video-application if there is no audition in some applicants’ Mediterranean countries (for example: musicians from Syria, from Lybia, etc) and, if the musician has not any possibility of travel and meet the jury in one auditions’ venue. If you are resident of one country which hosts an audition, please note that the Mediterranean Youth Orchestra will always favor the musicians (of an equivalent level) who made the effort to travel to pass the audition.
How to process? To proceed to the video application, please follow these compulsory steps:
• Complete our registration form online
• Add your 2 video-links:
- Video recording of the complete orchestral extracts (see the paragraphe Audition test)
- Video recording of the piece of your own choosing (no piano accompaniment) (see the paragraphe Audition test)
Deadline for video-applications: 22 March 2020