Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the difficulties for traveling that ensued, the Mediterranean Youth Orchestra has been forced to cancel the annual auditions that usually take place in roughly twenty cities in the Mediterranean area. However, any artists who wish to participate in the Medinea sessions may apply via video. Musicians will be selected in partnership with members of the Medinea network.
It is not compulsory to be a student to apply to this session.
Age of the applicants — 18 to 30 years old
Musicians from the following countries can apply — Albania, Algeria, Bosnia, Cyprus, Croatia, Egypt, Spain, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Malta, Morocco, Monaco, Montenegro, Palestine, Portugal, Slovenia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey.
• Musical improvisers (traditional and Mediterranean music, jazz, etc.)
• High instrumental level, at ease with musical collective practices
• Open to all instruments and voices
Minimum level required
• High instrumental level or high vocal level – Intense practice of musical improvisation, even of musical composition. Career-oriented higher studies in music.
• There is no requirement to have been or to be a student in a higher education institution.
• A first orchestra within an intercultural ensemble will be appreciated.
• During the sessions, the training will happen in English.