- Training 2019 & Application 2020
- Productions & Tours
OPERA DE-CI DE-LÀ RESIDENCY
The Académie du Festival d'Aix proposes a new training programme Opéra de-ci de-là, participative project questioning the strengths and the potential of change in the opera industry. This program aims at training young artists, creators and interpreters, in the stakes and in the creation of participative operas in a frame convenient to the intercultural dialogue and the interdisciplinary exchange. By the exploration of innovative creative processes, this programme offers the opportunity to young artists to experiment the development of small forms.
Anthony Heidweiller, singer and artistic associated director of the Opera Forward Festival of Amsterdam, will be in charge of leading this programme. He has already led workshops on the theme of the participative opera in the framework of the enoa network.
"Giving voice to people who don’t have a voice, looking for the silent voices, sharing new stories, addressing new audiences, bringing down the walls between performers and audiences, challenging the traditional artistic practices, exploring collaborative and spontaneous practices, challenging the hierarchy..." Anthony Heidweiller
• This programme is dedicated to 20 young composers, stage directors, singers and instrumentalists from diverse artistic, sociocultural and geographical horizons.
• The program will end in the return of 4 participative forms from 7 till 10 minutes proposed in 4 unusual venues of Aix-en-Provence during the Festival d'Aix in June 2019. These forms will be conceived and consisted for and in these places. The teams will have neither costume, nor set, nor technical team. Venues remain in service during the representations.
• 20 artists will be distributed in 4 artistic teams constituted of one composer, one stage director and 3 interpreters (instrumentalists or singers) accompanied for some of them with one amateur group of the Passerelles service. Librettos will be written by author Sabryna Thierry based on interviews of 4 personalities of Aix-en-Provence linked to the 4 venues.
Workshop: 8 — 10, March 2019
Residency: 10 — 15, June 2019
Restitutions: 14 and 15, June 2019
Mini-opera Jeunesse (Youth) — Campra High school
- Composer — Benjamin Scheuer (Germany)
- Stage director — Élise Boch (France)
- Mezzo-soprano — Océane Deweirder ( France)
- Bass baritone — Tormey Woods (United Kingdom)
- Accordion — Vincent Gailly (France)
Mini-opera Accent — Bar and tobacco shop Le Gaulois
- Composer, bağlama (lute) — Ozan Baysal (Turkey)
- Stage director — Finn Beames (United Kingdom)
- Soprano — Marine Costa (France)
- Flute — Adrian Saint-Pol (France)
Mini-opera Douceur (Gentleness) — Albertas Place
- Composer — Uršula Jašovec (Slovenia)
- Stage director — Luna Muratti (France)
- Mezzo-soprano — Sarah Théry (France)
- Oboe — Laetitia Cottave (France)
- Cello — Polina Streltsova (Russia)
Mini-opera Mirage — Tourist office of Aix-en-Provence
- Composer — Deniz Nurhat (Turkey)
- Stage director — Robert Drobniuch (Poland)
- Soprano — Joanna Malewski (France)
- Violin — Marmaduke Leforestier (France)
- Percussion — Étienne Fauré (France)